Oh Carolina!

My journey through Kenan-Flagler Business School of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Beer Week

This last week was by far the most hectic for me since I arrived at Kenan-Flagler. In addition to the regular class workload, I had a few assignments and a grand daddy Accounting Exam on Saturday. I got my first dose of recruitment networking from the several company presentations I attended during the week. The two most eventful ones were those of the Investment Banks. One of them came with an army of personnel that ranged from first year Associates to MDs. It was interesting talking to them and getting their opinion on some questions I’ve had about the job/industry. These events are usually followed by receptions that I like to call “After Parties”. The beer drinking skills from my undergrad days came in really handy. So after attending all these and getting home around 1:30 am, it’s impossible to do anything else. Of course I have to be in class again the following morning by 8am and get ready to repeat this same process the next day.

My lack of adequate sleep really caught up with me during the week and I had to slow things down a little to reset my system. The system didn’t get reset to its normal state until Friday by which time I had to attend the Securities Industries day. That too was fun. I got answers to some questions I’ve had about middle market and boutique I-Banks.

So, I did a crash studying through Friday night to Saturday Morning preparing for the Financial Accounting mid-term. The pattern from the past mid-terms is that we’ll have questions based on the financial statements of a foreign company. Lo and behold, we were presented with the financial statement of Nigerian Breweries!

My classmates in the room I was taking the exam all winked at me since I made a case for the quality of Nigerian Beers just a few days ago in the Economics class. I can’t wait to see what my score is.

Next week will be very much like this past week except that I won’t have any exam. Maybe I might even get the chance to blog during the week. I doubt it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home