Oh Carolina!

My journey through Kenan-Flagler Business School of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Introspection

This has been a fun filled orientation week. We kicked off the week with the announcement of our sections, study groups and car pools. My section has 72 students all of which will take classes together in this Mod. The study groups and car pools are subsets of the section. I fall into a group that I can simply describe as diverse, both professionally and culturally. At my team’s kick of meeting, we all agreed to harness this diversity to make it our greatest strength. I was a bit worried about how the car pool will work out but with the guys in my pool living right next to me in my apartment, it will not be a problem at all especially since we take the exact same classes.
Got a call from a friend at one of the bulge bracket I-Banks still on his internship that he's just been made an offer. He rolls into town on this weekend and has promised me as much beer as I can handle. Too bad I have an 8am class on Mondays. Let the good times roll.

Most of the other activities for the week have been based mostly on the need for us to know who we truly are and identify our career interests to build our 'individual brands'. I can already see some buzzwords creeping into my vocabulary. All fun stuffs…and oh breakfast and lunch have been on the house all week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home