Oh Carolina!

My journey through Kenan-Flagler Business School of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Monday, June 12, 2006

World Cup and Academics

I spent most of the weekend studying and watching the World Cup matches. I had to see the group of death’s Argentina-Cote D'ivoire game on the big screen at Buffalo Wild Wings on Franklin Street. Surprisingly everyone there appeared to be rooting for Cote D'ivoire. So far I think the England match was the lamest. The team just isn’t the same without Rooney. Hopefully, I can catch the US game before class today. I like the Jose +10 adidas commercial featuring the younger Beckenbauer and Platini.

On the academic front, I had prepared myself for those long hand pen, paper and calculator computations that go with statistics. You can imagine the smile on my face when the professor said that at this level, we can use any tool we want. What is important is the accuracy of the result and its interpretation. Needless to say I’ve been all over Excel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home