Oh Carolina!

My journey through Kenan-Flagler Business School of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Saturday, June 10, 2006

And so it begins

The week was a very busy one giving me a glimpse of what life will be like in the Fall. All of us in ASW1 registered for Analytical Tools (Statistics) and Financial Accounting but in addition to this, we’ve also been taking classes in Business Communications, Case Analysis and next week there’ll also be classes in Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. So far, I have four assignments due next week. In between, I’ve attended some social functions (Finally met Buckyhoo) and attended to several of those administrative things one needs to take care of.

I’m glad I came for this Analytical Skills Workshop. I would have had to play catch up in the Financial Accounting Class. Besides, I’m quickly coming to terms with the fact that I now make zero income. The professors are also doing a great job especially the Statistics professor. He finds a good way to make what may otherwise be a boring class an interesting one. There are about 60 of us in the class from so many different countries and parts of the US. I’ve even heard some interesting US accents I’ve never heard before. A couple of the students have Tablet PCs but I’m yet to see anyone actually use it to take notes in class. So far I’ve only seen one student with a Mac.

I’ll miss a lot of the world cup matches but I’ll be heading to Franklin Street today for the Argentina-Cote d'Ivoire game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home