Oh Carolina!

My journey through Kenan-Flagler Business School of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Sunday, August 20, 2006

First week down, several to go

The first week was not too bad but there were a slew of club, class and social activities all competing for space on my Outlook Calendar. I had to make some decisions during the week about what career clubs, student organizations and leadership activities I’ll commit myself to and also exactly what type of jobs/industries I’ll focus my internship searchlight on come September when the recruiters start coming around. Fortunately, I got my a-ha! moment to these. I hope this will help with managing my time effectively. I’ve started putting together my database of everyone I know in the industries I’m interested in. My friends who are recent MBA grads have all been very supportive with sharing their job search experiences and how to master the art of schmoozing.

My study group members and I are getting to know one another better and they’ve all been great. One thing I can say is that we all learn and laugh a lot together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home