Oh Carolina!

My journey through Kenan-Flagler Business School of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The State of Things

Hard to believe I’ve been away from the blogosphere for this long. The Mod is gradually winding down with just one more week to go for us second years. The first year students are already writing their final exam. They’ll also be heading out for their career treks to New York, Atlanta and other locations next week depending on their concentration. For us second years, on-campus recruiting will start the same week we return for Mod 2. The closed lists have started trickling in.

Wall Street recruiting is not looking too pretty given the current state of things in the market. The middle market I-Banks have however had a very strong showing on campus. For next Mod, I’ll take things very easy and take just one accounting class and a bunch of non-finance classes. Time to start enjoying the second year and start acquiring skills outside Finance. There are certain things that are just expected of MBAs regardless of your concentration. On a related note, my Advanced Writing class ended today and I really enjoyed it and got exactly what I wanted out of it – write the Corporate America way. I did a lot of writing over the summer and noticed that things a kept much simpler that the Corporate environment I cut my teeth in.
Prior to this I will have no problem saying “Ontological specimen of identical plumage invariably conglomerate to its nearest proximity”. Now, I’ll just say “Birds of the same feathers fly together”. Ok maybe I’ve exaggerated a little bit. I had a tendency to sound very formal in my writing and this does not exactly reflected my persona or leadership style. So now, I suppose my personality comes through. Thanks to Heidi Schultz.

Oh well, hopefully I won’t take too long before my next blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home