Oh Carolina!

My journey through Kenan-Flagler Business School of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Sunday, April 01, 2007

First Blog Anniversary

Hard to believe it already one year since I started this fantastic voyage! I went over my postings and everything still remains very fresh in memory. What is even more exciting is that I have just four weeks to the end of the first year. That means I have exactly thirteen months to wrap things up. I will probably end the blog once I graduate as it would have achieved its purpose.

As part of the Investment Banking Class, last week’s speaker was the highly respected but now retired banker Hugh McColl after whom the Kenan-Flagler Business School Building is named. The story goes that he rose from an officer to become the President of a small North Carolina Bank. Under his leadership, the small North Carolina Bank grew into what is now one of America’s biggest banking institutions – Bank of America. It was refreshing to hear him refer to the Bible when asked some questions about leadership. Mr. McColl is a UNC Chapel Hill Alum.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog, found it linked off the businessweek forums.

Sorry to hear you fell for the wrong shade of blue, but congrats to your heels on a solid season (even if all four teams choked in the NCAA's: Duke men, Carolina men, Duke women, and Carolina women).

Enjoy the rest of your time on tobacco road. I spent four great years as part of that rivalry, and enjoyed total Duke domination over that time. Things seem to have changed a little recently, but they'll be back to normal in no time!

6:03 PM  
Blogger DingProof said...

Reisen,
My brother things I'm with the wrong shade of blue too but I beg to differ. I've been laughing all year with us kicking Dook's butt all over the place. Thanks for the kind words. I'm having a blast out here.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home