Oh Carolina!

My journey through Kenan-Flagler Business School of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The luxury called choice

Like the rest of my classmates, I threw in job applications and hoped of the best. I had to decide between two organizations and the decision was much tougher than I could have anticipated. After deep thoughts and due consultations, I made my decision and also made a few discoveries about myself and priorities along the way. Now we can effectively put the issue of job search to rest and move on to more in interesting things.

I am now fully settled in to the business of learning. After the rigors of last Mod, I decided to go for just four classes this mod. I’m taking Corporate Finance, Financial Statements Analysis, Corporate Strategy and Leading & Managing.
Corporate Finance so far has been about Valuation and I’ve had to ‘unlearn’ some of the things I learned in preparation for interviews to digest new materials. (E.g. Free Cashflow vs. NOPLAT in computing Terminal (continuity) Value)
I am enjoying all the classes and for the first time I actually have time to read the supplemental and optional materials that add extra value. I’ve also become more involved in extra curricula and volunteer activities.

My room mate has also received a job offer at a bulge bracket I-Bank and he’s chilling big time. We decided to invest in TiVo to catch up with English Premiership Soccer matches, pop culture and generally keep up with what’s going on in the real world. For the last few months, our idea of relaxation in front of the TV had been watching Power Lunch, Squawk Box, Closing Bell and the likes on CNBC. All that has changed now that Jack is back on 24!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home