Oh Carolina!

My journey through Kenan-Flagler Business School of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

1st year last lap begins

I got off to a great start to this last lap of the first year after a very restful one week spring break. It is going to be a very busy Mod for me given that I’m taking 5 classes. The classes are Managerial Accounting, Taxes in Finance, Global Context of Business, Management Communication and Investment Banking. I taking Taxes in Finance now or in the second year (Lots of second year students in the class) but decided to take it now. I intend to takes as few classes as possible per Mod in the second year. Managerial Accounting is sure to take a lot of my time based on the feedback from the second year students.

I had a chat with a gentleman who I thought was a PhD student during the last Mod. I was trying to locate a Professor’s office and he asked if he could help. He picked up my accent and asked where I was from. It turned out that he was originally from South Africa. I was surprised to see that he’ll be my “Global Context” professor this Mod. Not only is he not a PhD student, he has TWO PhDs and he’s had them for a long time!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home