Oh Carolina!

My journey through Kenan-Flagler Business School of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Annual H1B Cap met in one Day!

For those unfamiliar with H1B, a quick intro here. H1B is the work permit granted to foreigners to work in the US as professionals. Every year, the US Immigration service opens up the application on first business day of April. Well this year, they received 150,000 applications on the first day, and there are only 65,000 available spots. On the bright side though for MBA students, there’s an extra 20,000 reserved for H1B applicants with advanced degrees. I doubt that it’ll take long before this gets filled up too.

As much as I’ll love to work in the US after the heavy investment in this MBA thingy, the last thing I need is some work permit snafu. If the cap is not increased from the current 65,000 by my second year in school (There’s currently a big push for this), I may cut my US sojourn short and start actively exploring opportunities back home. Time will tell…..

The official release can be found here

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I have sent you a mail at dingproof@gmail.com

I would be grateful if you could reply to it.

KFBS MBA Class of 2009

3:22 PM  
Blogger DingProof said...

Sure Jay. I'll get back to you

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home