Oh Carolina!

My journey through Kenan-Flagler Business School of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Beginning…

The journey I started on that fateful Saturday morning in June 2006 when I left my wife and one year old daughter behind in Florida to begin ASW finally came to an end last Sunday with the graduation ceremony. The ceremony was a very memorable event for me with my daughter all over me in most of the photographs.. I had several friends and family fly in from all over the world to celebrate my final degree. (My wife still thinks I’ll return someday for a PhD... I think not) I had a lot of surprise attendants and feel very proud to be surrounded by loving friends and family members. I think I may have received the award for the loudest cheer when my name was called. What made it even more memorable is that my brother also graduated from Duke MBA the same weekend. You can imagine that it was all celebration galore for us the entire weekend. Since the ceremony was at night, I had a party during the day for my guests and took them to the school’s official reception after the big event.

For those that have followed the blog since my first post on April 1, 2006, I hope you have enjoyed reading through my fantastic voyage “through Kenan-Flagler Business School of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill”. I also hope I’ve been able to give you an idea of what a great school this is. I enjoyed my time here thoroughly, made new friends and I kid you not when I say this is the most valuable (and expensive) education I’ve ever received (..and I’ve spent a substantial part of my life in school).

While others choose to morph their B-School blogs into another topic, I’ve decided to treat this like any other formal project in the real world where there must be a beginning and a definite end. This officially marks the end of the blog. While I will no longer post on my new experiences in the real world, I will keep my email active and will be glad to answer questions from anyone considering Kenan-Flagler or any business school in general. I encourage international applicants with limited information about the intricacies of the US MBA especially to take advantage of this. I have every reason to be thankful for the B-School experience. I learned and experienced a lot, got the exact job I want, in the group and city I preferred. I made great friends across the spectrum and have become a better person in more than one way. The years ahead promise to be exciting and filled with challenges and I’m ready to take on the challenges of the real world. Maybe someday I’ll reference this blog in the media.

To my loyal readers, live life to the fullest, don’t be afraid of the unknown, and know what is best for YOU given your unique circumstances. Till we meet again in the blogosphere.

Forever yours,
DingProof.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger adefunke said...

Congratulations. Here is wishing you all the very best.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck ! will miss your blog and seeing you in classes.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home